Saturday, July 9, 2011

To Talk or Not to Talk, that is the Question

I thought about whether or not I would tell my employer and immediate co-workers about what is going on with me, and quickly came to the conclusion that the right answer for me was YES. There's no secret with anybody that sometime is going on with me because I woke up one morning looking like I had suddenly come down with a severe case of Tourette's Syndrome. The meds have that whole jerking/spasm thing more or less (not really but better than before) under control.

Why else?

--I may need to ask for reasonable accommodations, which my boss immediately mentioned

--I really like my job and want to continue working there, but I don't want to keep my mouth shut all day about what's going on with me. I do, after all, spend more time there than I do with my friends and family.

--My co-workers are all really cool and have a good sense of humor. Laughing about it makes me feel better.

--I can't NOT talk about stuff. My head would explode. Cleaning up bits and pieces of my own brain surely wouldn't help me to feel better.

Or would it? Isn't it the brain that interprets pain signals?

Now, off to enjoy my weekend! Peace and hugs,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment