Saturday, July 16, 2011

Can I Trust This?

Today and yesterday, I feel semi-normal. I haven't had spasms. I haven't had jolts. I've only had minor pain and sleepiness from my medication. My medication dose recently has been increased, and the yellow smiley face stress ball has been helping to distract me when I do have pain. I can focus on something other than random sensations in my body by focusing on sensations I'm creating.

Can I trust this?

I feel like I shouldn't be asking the question, but I can't help myself. Can I actually feel normal again?

Live today. I keep telling myself this.

I worked long days midweek and so was unable to write. Check out the sunset I saw on Wednesday:


And the one I saw on Thursday:


I can trust sunsets. I know what they are and how they will be behave. They are fiery but predictable. Beautiful but ever changing. Perhaps this thing that is happening to me is like this. Predictable yet ever changing.

Today, I feel like me, and I like it.

Tomorrow is another day, and I'll make myself wait to experience it when it comes. I will continue to look for the sun as it rises and sets. Of this I can be sure.

Peace and hugs,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment